PO Box 7526, Toowoomba Mail Centre, Queensland 4352, Australia.     Tel: (+61)  1300 766 745

Working In The UK


Working In The UK

UK Registration
UK Work Visa
Travel Information
Registration Form
Any Questions
About Us
Contact Us


To work in the UK, there are three basic necessities to consider.

Your right to work in the UK.
  Are you able to get or have you got a passport, visa or permit allowing you to work in the UK ?
Your qualifications.
  Do you hold the appropriate qualifications to work in your profession ?
State registration
  Like accreditation in Australia, state registration is compulsory for radiographers and strongly suggested for sonographers if eligible.

Of further note, personal liability insurance is important when working as a locum in the UK.  If you are currently with the Australian Institute of Radiographers (AIR) or the Australian Sonographers Association (ASA) they will cover you whilst working in the UK.  

Alternatively, you can join the UK Society of Radiographers (SoR) which will provide liability
insurance and also involve you in the activities and changes with UK radiographers.


Copyright  2005 Sonographers Medical Australia