PO Box 7526, Toowoomba Mail Centre, Queensland 4352, Australia.     Tel: (+61)  1300 766 745
UK Registration Information

Working In The UK

UK Registration

UK Work Visa
Travel Information
Registration Form
Any Questions
About Us
Contact Us


The Health Professions Council (HPC) is an independent, UK wide statutory, regulatory body set up to regulate some health professions in the UK including radiography.  

Prior to working in the UK as a radiographer it is compulsory to be state registered with the HPC.
  Above is a link to the HPC website, from where all necessary forms can be downloaded.  We are happy to provide any assistance in applying for UK registration.  Alternatively you may wish to contact the Australian Institute of Radiographers (AIR) or HPC directly.

Currently, in the UK, there is no state registration for sonographers.
  The British Medical Ultrasound Society (BMUS) and the United Kingdom Association of Sonographers are working towards state registration in the UK as the Australian Sonographers Association (ASA) and Australasian Sonographers Accreditation Registry (ASAR) have successfully done in Australia with accreditation.

Sonographers with a non-radiographic background will find it difficult to obtain state registration in the UK.  Until state registration for sonographers is compulsory in the UK, we strongly recommend that all sonographers, where possible, register with an alternative professional registration scheme such as the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) for nursing staff.  We also suggest sonographers with a non-radiographic background join BMUS to strengthen their resume.

For more information on UK Registration please contact us

Copyright  2005 Sonographers Medical Australia