PO Box 7526, Toowoomba Mail Centre, Queensland 4352, Australia.     Tel: (+61)  1300 766 745

UK Work Visa Information

Working In The UK
UK Registration

UK Work Visa

Travel Information
Registration Form
Any Questions
About Us
Contact Us


The UK Government has strict rules as to who is entitled to work in the UK.  To be eligible to work in the UK you need a

British Passport
European Union Passport
Ancestry Visa
(if you have a grandparent born in the UK)

Be the spouse of someone with one of the above
Working Holiday Visa

If you are a Commonwealth citizen under the age of 31 you can apply for a working holiday visa allowing you to work in the UK for 2 years.

Any of the above visas or passports will enable you to locum around the country on agency rates and have your say on when and where you will work (depending on vacancy).

If you are not eligible for any of the above visas or passports then an employer in the UK can apply for a work permit on your behalf.  A work permit gives permission for you to work as a permanent employee at a specific location for a specific time.  Sonographers Medical, as an employment agency, cannot apply for a work permit for you but we can introduce you to hospitals who are interested in this option.

For more information regarding your 'Right to Work in the UK' and all application forms for visas and passports visit the Australian British High Commission website .



Copyright  2005 Sonographers Medical Australia